Re: The Last Word on UDMA on Alpha?

Craig Small wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 02:34:51PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

I've been using XFS on alpha for years, with no more incident than an x86.
I've also never heard anything about it being broken on alpha except from
you, AFAIK, but perhaps I've just been less diligent at seeking out this
information than I should have. :)

You can count me in, I had run XFS a while back on the alpha and it
caused all sorts of problems.  Perhaps it was the PCI bug and a
coincidence but XFS on my alpha did very exciting and damaging things.

That was a long time ago though.

 - Craig

I've been using XFS on a PWS600au for a while now and haven't had a single problem. The box isn't stressed a whole lot but normal usage, package upgrades, etc haven't seen any data corruption or anything.

Jim.