Re: kernel-image packages for alpha in need of testing

Hello Steve,
On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 03:31:07PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I'll rebuild and repost.
>
> I've rebuilt and reposted.

CD-Image: "Works" (i.e. the module loading problem is gone, all other
points remain, including the segfault when choosing modules).

I applied the kernel image fix and rebuild 2.4.25 (with the latest
adaptec). Without the patch, my machine would freeze when detecting
the adaptec, with the patch I was able to work for more than 7 hours,
including rescannig the external SCSI bus and formatting media there.
So yes, this patch should definitly go into the (Debian-)Kernel.

Thanks!

        Helge

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de