Re: kernel-image packages for alpha in need of testing

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 04:27:39PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I've been asked by the Debian kernel maintainers to get more information
> about the specific IDE controller you have (PCI ID, etc.), so that it
> can be appropriately blacklisted in the kernel images instead of being
> disabled with an overbroad boot-time option in the installer.
>
> FWIW, DMA also doesn't work on my IDE controller, but the installer
> (kernel) figures this out on its own.
I get something like that too, I think. The messages are something like:
 dma is borked
 dma is borked
 stuff it, ill use interrupts

Whenever I've asked , people said well its a PC164SX what do you expect?

 - Craig

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer