Re: 2.4.21 on alpha

On June 29, 2003 18:32, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Yes :(  Prepackaged 2.4.20 and 2.4.21 from the Debian ftp site
> die on me immediately after the qlogic card is initialised in my
> 433AU - kernel panic ending in something like "in swapper not syncing"
> Prior to that there's about a page of oopsing

Had that problem with 2.4.20-3 to (qlogic causing a kernel panic as soon as
its inserted).  Prepackaged 2.4.20-1 works fine.  I think someone must have
added a bad patch between 2.4.20-1 and 2.4.20-3.

If you get 2.4.21 from kernel.org and compile it with your FS, qlogic SCSI,
and IDE built in (don't add CMD64X to the IDE layer -- see prior email), it
will work fine (or at leat it does for me -- PW500a).

Later  -T

PS:  As mentioned prior by someone, the cramfs (in kernel.org kernels) doesn't
seem to work with the mkcramfs program.  Unless you want to build your own
gziped ext2 initrd image, it's easiest just to compile in the drivers for
your SCSI/IDE system and not use initrd.

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,