Re: 2.4.21 on alpha

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 09:26:03AM -0400, Tyson Whitehead wrote:

> If you get 2.4.21 from kernel.org and compile it with your FS, qlogic SCSI,
> and IDE built in (don't add CMD64X to the IDE layer -- see prior email), it
> will work fine (or at leat it does for me -- PW500a).

Same to me (PW433a)

But I discovered another strange problem (don't know, if this happens with
another kernel version):

alpha:~# cat /proc/srm_environment/named_variables/auto_action
BOOT
alpha:~# echo "BOOT" > /proc/srm_environment/named_variables/auto_action

the machine doesn't come back to the prompt; on the serial terminal I get this:

bad value - valid selections:
        BOOT
	HALT
	RESTART

in an non-stopping loop; ssh'ing to that machine is no longer possible.
Pinging it works, but needs a lot of time for responding (60ms vs usually
0.6ms).

Anyone who can confirm this?

Joerg

--