Re: ccc install

Well, "works" is relative, apparently from your description it doesn't quite work.

Which version of ccc did the .deb ask for, and which do you have? And which version of the ccc deb were you trying to install? The script does a couple of things to make this work which are somewhat non-trivial, and could have solve the problem you are seeing.

Richard Fillion wrote:

It may be ancient, but it "works".  I tried "apt-get install ccc" and
followed the instructions, but... seeing how i could not get the exact
version number for ccc that it wanted, i dont think it installed
properly.  I renmaed the rpm to match what the script was looking for,
but then afterwards it was complaining about a lack of
/usr/doc/ccc-x.x.x .  So i figured i'd try out other ways.

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.ods.org