ccc install

I installed ccc on my box to see if i could get better performance out
of some apps with it instead of gcc.  I followed these instructions :

And ccc now runs, but i cant compile anything.

rick@pwsrhix:~/dev/C$ cat helloworld.c
   #include <stdio.h>
        printf("Hello World\n");
rick@pwsrhix:~/dev/C$ ccc helloworld.c -o helloworld
cc: Severe: /usr/include/stdio.h, line 34: Cannot find file <stddef.h>
specified in #include directive. (noinclfilef)
# include <stddef.h>

Are the gcc include files not compatible with ccc ones?  Also...is this
even worth my time?  Should i just flag the hell out of gcc to get
performance?  Do usual apps even compile with ccc?

Richard Fillion