ccc install

I installed ccc on my box to see if i could get better performance out
of some apps with it instead of gcc.  I followed these instructions :

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/241/2001/3/0/5451555/

And ccc now runs, but i cant compile anything.

rick@pwsrhix:~/dev/C$ cat helloworld.c
   #include <stdio.h>
   main(){
        printf("Hello World\n");
   }
rick@pwsrhix:~/dev/C$ ccc helloworld.c -o helloworld
cc: Severe: /usr/include/stdio.h, line 34: Cannot find file <stddef.h>
specified in #include directive. (noinclfilef)
# include <stddef.h>
--^

Are the gcc include files not compatible with ccc ones?  Also...is this
even worth my time?  Should i just flag the hell out of gcc to get
performance?  Do usual apps even compile with ccc?

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.ods.org