Re: Alpha newbie install woes

Subject: Re: Alpha newbie install woes

> You may want to try both the LDMILO.EXE and the Ruffian MILO found at:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~rbf/files/ruffian/
>
> The owner, Ron Farrer, had much the same problem as you, Shannon, and
> together we figured a way to patch LDMILO.EXE so that it would
> no longer perform the test that was failing and causing that error
> message.
>
> Give it a try and let us know how it worked...
>
> --Jay++

GOt it, and it boots to a MILO prompt. Yea!!  Of course, nothing can ever be
easy, so on to the next issue:

    I load boot the kernel from the debian rescue floppy, and it boot great,
but when it asks for the root disk, and I give the disk I created from
boot.bin, using rawrite2, it pukes.  htis has happend using 3 different
disks, made from different D/L's of root.bin.   What moron mistake am I
making now?

Thanks,
--Shannon