Re: Alpha newbie install woes

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 03:11:08AM -0800, Shannon Menkveld wrote:

> The one I have is the "Jay's hacked version" from the Debian install cd, it
> says that the system doies not support Alpha/Linux, I'll try the dec one.

You may want to try both the LDMILO.EXE and the Ruffian MILO found at:

	http://people.debian.org/~rbf/files/ruffian/

The owner, Ron Farrer, had much the same problem as you, Shannon, and
together we figured a way to patch LDMILO.EXE so that it would
no longer perform the test that was failing and causing that error
message.

Give it a try and let us know how it worked...

--Jay++