Re: Alpha newbie install woes

> It's a horrible boot process, and it's the only machine that does this.
Oh, well... It's what I have, so I hope I can make it work...

> From Memory (I sold mine). You need to get ldmilo, and a milo.
> The best way to do this is to get the ruffian.img from an older (6.2)
redhat
> release. That should boot milo to the point where you can do work. To make
> it more fun, it will be a 2.0.something MILO, which can have problems with
> newer kernels :(.
What are the problems with MILO and the 2.2 series? Also, would I use
rawrite <sp?> to create the disk?  What is the process here?

> And, there are two versions of ldmilo.exe, one that says "Jay's hacked
> version". As far as I recall, that version is better, and behaves itself
> more correctly.
The one I have is the "Jay's hacked version" from the Debian install cd, it
says that the system doies not support Alpha/Linux, I'll try the dec one.

Thanks,
--Shannon