Re: Updating SRM on LX164

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:59:21AM -0600, Kelledin wrote:
> Ok, I've decided to take the plunge and update the firmware on my
> LX164.  The box currently has v5.1; I'm trying to upgrade it to
> v5.8.  I'm now looking for just the right way to go about it.
> 3) Third choice: use the SRM "nt" command to bootstrap AlphaBIOS
> off a floppy, then use AlphaBIOS to update SRM.
> Yes, it's a hack.  Oooh, what a hack!  But I think I could pull
> it off...if I could just find the lx164nt.rom file!!!  I'm not
> finding it on ftp.digital.com, and when I try to select
> AlphaBIOS for PC164LX/SX from the firmware update page, it tries
> to take me to some other site that doesn't even resolve to an IP
> address.

Do you mean:

It's gotten to via the "Alpha Single Board Computers" menu located at:

Worked for me, and I don't think it's because I'm inside the firewall...

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com