Re: dead PWS 600au

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 12:55:35AM +0300, Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:

> Actually, there are two beepers in 600ua. One PC-speaker-like and one
> on the mainboard. And none of them beeps...

Bummer.

> And what are this docs?

Digital/COMPAQ Field Service Manuals

> JE>     * The floppy drive LED illuminating after several seconds (the
> JE>       POST code has detected corrupt firmware and is trying to load
> JE>       new firmware from a recovery diskette).
>
> I do not have this kind of indication.

That's not good.

> So... how do I?

I'm waiting for the other folks who HAVE done this to step forward...

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com