Re: Mach64 cards work with SX164 and Debian - Only kernel 2.4 makes trouble

> I seem to remember that something might have been broken in 2.4.12;
> could you try with 2.4.14?

I just tried with a 2.4.14 kernel, and then with a 2.4.13 kernel. I get
exactly the same error (cmp does not show any difference between the log
files).

I also tested these 2.4.x kernel with the SuSE 7.0, and had the same
failure. As awaited, this problem is not caused especially by the Debian.

BTW: with SuSE 7.0 and 2.4 kernel, other important like the MySQL server
also fail.

 > Also, posting the following might help:
 >
 > 1. .config for the 2.4.12/14 kernel,
 > 2. lspci -v under both 2.4.x and 2.2.x
 > 3. /etc/X11/XF86Config

I joined these files (however, I can't give you .config for the 2.4.13
because I deleted the sources 2 days ago)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Fabrice Haberer-Proust

Proust Media
Kerngasse 3/1