X Window crashes on start with kernel 2.4.12 on SX164

Hi to all,

I very new to this list. I have a SX164 based system running SuSE 7.0,
that I would like to replace with a Debian 2.2r3 with a self compiled
2.4.12 kernel to which I applied the JFS patch.

I get a server crash each time I try and launch X Window.

Strangly, everything works perfectly wenn I start Linux with the original
2.2.18pre3 kernel.

I joined the error log from startx as an attachment.

I installed an unmodified system, excepted for the ppp and pppoe package
adapted by Adrian Bunk for the kernel 2.4

Searching the list archive, I found no mention of such a problem.

Has anybody the same problem, or an idea how I could solve it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Fabrice Haberer-Proust

Proust Media
Kerngasse 3/1