Re: Need Advice from avanti useres (Re: problem: install as/200 (avanti) & new install disks)

> On Mar 08, Martin Lucina scrawled :

> I advise against the above, my experience is that I could not get either a 2.0
> or 2.1/2.2 kernel to boot using SRM/aboot. I would like to know if someone is
> using this successfuly.

erm.  sort of.  I am trying to get the machine to boot properly via srm/aboot
but the machine keeps loading the wrong root fs (/dev/sda1 instead of
/dev/sdc2 like i'd like)
apart from that, it works a charm and will be switched permanently to aboot as
soon as i can.

> Also, 2.2 compiled for SRM will just hang on my Avanti box (see related posts
> on this list previously).
>
> > Now for the list, I _really_ need feedback, I now there are people
> > using avanti: can you try if the latest rescue disk allow to boot the
> > kernel for you? (try first avanti,  and if it does not work and you
> > are under SRM, try avanti-s). And if something does not work for you
> > and you have something that works better, _tell_ what to put in the
> > release, the quicker the answer, the better.

i will try tonight too.

*wave*
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere