Alpha on CD/Cross development

Hi,
up to now i used a S.u.S.E. distribution on x86.
Lately i switched to Alpha and now use a pre installed crippled Red Hat.
I would like to try the Debian distribution and i have a question about
that: Where can i get a CD version with ALPHA binaries? (Not only x86).
I can't efford to download that monster via internet...
Could any kind soul give me a hint?

Another question: In the web pages you write, that there is need for
people making a 'Cross-compilation environments for alpha'. What does
this mean for you? Does it mean cross binutils? Or cross-egcs?
And which direction: target=linux-alpha, host=linux-x86 or the other way
round? (host=x86, target=alpha is not possible for gcc/egcs up to now,
because of design problems in egcs).

I often built cross compilers lately
(host=linux-x68, target=mingw32 (Win32) or SunOS.)
Perhaps i could help?

Bye,
Martin.

--
Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for the change
to take effect. Reboot now?