Problems installing on a "Mikasa" system

Jeff Katcher writes:
 > Hi all
 >
 > I am trying to install Debian on a DEC Alphaserver 1000 (Mikasa i
 > think).  I have followed the installation instructions as well as I am
 > able.  I created a MILO disk from the most recent archive I could
 > find

Did you get the MILO from the installation disks on
http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/debian.html or from the ftp archive
(unfortunately the last installation disks are not yet in the ftp
archive)?

Are you using ARC or SRM?

In any case, if it does not work, you can try different MILO (and maybe
kernesl) combination, for instance by trying the Milo available on
gatekeeper site. Please report us which one works for you, or if no
one is working (then we need more precise information about where it fails).

Regards,

Loic