- To: "Colin DuPlantis" <email@example.com>
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Jensen Installation
- From: Loic Prylli <Loic.Prylli@ens-lyon.fr>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 20:34:19 +0100 (MET)
- Message-id: <13946.44387.925315.724203@porto>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Colin DuPlantis writes:
> Thanks Peter and Martin for the help. /dev/sda3 was the correct partition for
> me, and my boot reached a new highwater mark. It now ends its life at:
> 1) During "Install Operating System Kernel and Modules", an error message was
> displayed when I inserted the Jensen rescue and Jensen drivers disks. The error
> indicated that the system was trying to mount a non-msdos disk as msdos. I had
> created the disks using "dd if=foo of=/dev/fd0 bs=18k" on another Linux system.
> I instead copied the contents of the rescue and drivers disk to msdos disks and
> tried again. There was no complaint this time.
There maybe a confusing warning message because the install programs
try to mount a msdos filesystem first and if that fails tries with
ext2. But that should not prevent the install to go on.