cdwrite, cdrecord, xcdroast

I tried to burn a CD yesterday on my Alpha and stumbled across some
problems:

The generic devices aren't present and MAKEDEV doesn't know them.

cdwrite - not compiled for alpha and sources only in hamm

cdrecord - stops with a shmmem error (invalid argument)

xcdroast - tells me to go into setup, screams about not working
buttons and has no "save setup" option. The main buttons (except show
devices, setup and exit) are disabled, so one can't burn.

Does anybody know if cdwrite compiles under alpha? Has anybody burned
CD's on alpha yet?

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin