Jade DONE and working!

 > Whew...now THAT is a load off of my mind.  I would encourage everyone who
 > encountered optimiser problems to try the new egcs.  So far, I haven't run
 > into any problems, but I may not be hitting the difficult cases yet.

Great, looks like the new compiler is quite good. I have almost
completely bootstrapped my installation recompiling in two stages most
packages installed (including kernel, base system, devel tools and
X11), not found any problems with the compiler until now (I am still
in the process of filing bugs for some packages that were not able to
be auto-compiled for other reasons).

On an other subject subject: does anybody know of some scripts to
automate the task of checking which packages need to be recompiled,
doing the compilation and the uploading without intervention (at least
for the non-critical packages). Something liking Quinn's diff and the
dbuild package?
Do you thing it would be a good idea? Guess the other ports are also
confronted to the problem.

Loic