Jade DONE and working!

Ok...

Got it and it works fine out of the box.  The trick was to uninstall the
old jade since libtool wanted to link against it (since it hard-codes lib
locations and names).  To compound the issue, "sp" never completely
removed on my system (take note of this...since it'll probably happen to
everyone).  What I ended up doing was forcibly removing the "jade" and
"sp" packages (using --purge --force-depends), then check /usr/lib for
ANYTHING related to libsp (it had left the .so link behind linked to the
libsp.so.1.3.old that it also renamed and left) and delete any such lib
manually.  Once you are confident that both packages are totally removed,
then install the new jade, sp, and libsp* packages.

Whew...now THAT is a load off of my mind.  I would encourage everyone who
encountered optimiser problems to try the new egcs.  So far, I haven't run
into any problems, but I may not be hitting the difficult cases yet.