Re: Status of tensorflow/lite, towards coral-ai

On 18.05.21 09:25, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 17.05.21 04:48, Wookey wrote:
>> On 2021-05-16 19:49 +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>>
>>> Digging down that stack, I now ran into the dependency
>>> "python3-tflite-runtime". I saw the ongoing effort on salsa to package
>>> the main bits of tensorflow, but lite is apparently still missing. What
>>> is the status there, what are the blockers?
>>
>> Status is unchanged since my last message on the subject:
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2021/04/msg00001.html
>> (I don't know how to build tf-lite; given a rune that tried I could
>>  find out what else was missing)
>>

> I found out yesterday that [1] is building tf-lite packages, with the
> help of bazel (I used Google's package for now, not yet the bullseye
> version). As usual, this involved pulling several dependencies during
> the build. The other path I got pointed to is [2] and [3] - just
> exploring this.

In fact, just build_pip_package.sh builds even without bazel or cmake
(amazing: three ways to build, provided by upstream):

- debian:buster container
- build-essential git python3-dev python3-pybind11 python3-setuptools
  python3-wheel dh-python debhelper zlib-dev curl git
- git clone https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow
- BUILD_DEB=y PYTHON=python3 \
  /tensorflow/tensorflow/lite/tools/pip_package/build_pip_package.sh native

Still, there is "curl" and tensorflow/lite/tools
/make/download_dependencies.sh. The latter should actually be called
"download_and_patch...".

Anyway, maybe a blueprint to start from.

> Are you using bazel or rather the cmake path?
>
>> Tensorflow c-library is missing the googleapis cpp bindings, and they currently don't build:
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2021/04/msg00004.html
>>

> What are the patterns to externalize all that dependency fetching that
> the build scripts and tools do? Did you find central knobs to redirect
> them to locally pre-installed artifacts?

Meanwhile I found that mocking of repos in bazel in the debian
packaging, but it doesn't parse for me yet. I'm afraid I will need
something like this also for libedgetpu...

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT