Re: Status of tensorflow/lite, towards coral-ai

On 17.05.21 04:48, Wookey wrote:
> On 2021-05-16 19:49 +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>
>> Digging down that stack, I now ran into the dependency
>> "python3-tflite-runtime". I saw the ongoing effort on salsa to package
>> the main bits of tensorflow, but lite is apparently still missing. What
>> is the status there, what are the blockers?
>
> Status is unchanged since my last message on the subject:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2021/04/msg00001.html
> (I don't know how to build tf-lite; given a rune that tried I could
>  find out what else was missing)

I found out yesterday that [1] is building tf-lite packages, with the
help of bazel (I used Google's package for now, not yet the bullseye
version). As usual, this involved pulling several dependencies during
the build. The other path I got pointed to is [2] and [3] - just
exploring this.

Are you using bazel or rather the cmake path?

> Tensorflow c-library is missing the googleapis cpp bindings, and they currently don't build:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2021/04/msg00004.html

What are the patterns to externalize all that dependency fetching that
the build scripts and tools do? Did you find central knobs to redirect
them to locally pre-installed artifacts?

> I've just got a load of kernel and installer and RC issues out of the way so
> tensorflow is back to the top of my list this week.
>
>> On the one hand, I need something quickly self-built, more reproducible
>> than google's apt repo. On the other hand, it's our strong desire to
>> have official packages one day. So I'd like to focus our efforts on
>> things that could ideally be reused for that. Any guidance appreciated!
>
> Any help is welcome. Knowing what's up with the googleapis build, or
> what the right rune/target to build tf-lite is would help. I should
> update salsa as the googleapis stuff is not there, and I probably have
> a couple of local tensorflow changes.

That would be great so that everyone is looking at the latest progress.

Jan

[1] https://github.com/google-coral/pycoral/
[2] https://www.tensorflow.org/lite/guide/build_cmake_pip
[3] https://www.tensorflow.org/lite/guide/build_cmake