Re: a note or two about configuration management r6

This belongs on debian-admintool; I've set the reply-to.

Previously Jonathan P Tomer wrote:
> 1. in the metadata layer, it is important to note that we need a special
> type for "list", which seems that it might need special support. for

Maybe a list of something, just a list isn't going to cut it.

> 2. The most basic possible front-end is not one that uses stdin/out. It uses
> sockets. That's a little more general, and can be more easily run remotely

But can you use it using shell scripts? It's easy to write a wrapper that
allows you to also use sockets..

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl