Re: a note or two about configuration management r6

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 06:02:39PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Jonathan P Tomer wrote:
> > 1. in the metadata layer, it is important to note that we need a special
> > type for "list", which seems that it might need special support. for
> Maybe a list of something, just a list isn't going to cut it.

Perhaps a template should be able to be multiply-instantiated instead?

So if you want a list of nameservers you can use, you say:

Template: nameserver
Type: string
Default: none
Multiple: yes
 This must be an IP address. You can have more than one.

or if you've got a bunch of printers:

Template: printer
Type: container
Multiple: yes

Template: printer/name
Type: string
Default: lp
Descripton: printer name

This may be a nicer way of doing it that having a separate "list of" type.

FWIW, etc.

Cheers,
aj