Re: new documents

Le Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 12:43:56PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman écrivait:
> You're somewhat missing the point as well :). The metadata is always
> local, since it's on the machine that *uses* the data.
>
> And the metadata is the only thing that needs to be localized as well.

Hum ... I'm not sure that i've understood what you wanted to say ...
metadata would certainly be associated with entries in the
config database. So it will be stored on the same machine. And we'd like
to allow remote database. So metadatas *don't have* to be on the local
machine.

However I can see your point, metadatas are coming from templates files
within the packages so they are always local. But if you think this
way then you link metadatas with templates files and packages. This is
a bad idea in general because the config database with metadatas could
certainly be used in another context than package installation. But I
do not have a concrete example to explain my thoughts.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/