Re: new documents

Previously Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Good work. But I'd like that we include i18n in this proposition. But how ?
> And at which level ?

The only reasonable level is the metadata I think. And the problem with
doing i8n there is the exact same problem as i8n for the control file of
each package: you need a way to translate information within packages.
And I don't know what the best way is to do that :(

What COAS does is have the templates refer to a gettext database. We
could probably do that as well, but a bit differently: make a tool that
converts debian/(control|templates).(nl|fr|etc.) into a gettext database
and generate some unique identifier that things like dpkg can use.

Hmm, we should think about this some more.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl