Re: Problems when using brltty in the terminal

Hi Samue

Samuel Thibault schrieb am 08.05.2021, 20:28 +0200:
>Sebastian Humenda, le sam. 08 mai 2021 16:50:56 +0200, a ecrit:
>> Why is this a problem? Ora has in
>> non-terminal windows a priority and will outrule BRLTTY on the at-spi bus.
>
>Not on the at-spi bus, but on the brlapi server. Here his problem is
>with speech, for which there is no notion of overriding priority.

Thanks for the clarification. I've just tried `brltty -x a2 -s sd` and can
reproduce the issue.

BTW, disabling speech and braille is not enough to really disable Orca. The
keyboard mappings are still active. It would be better if Orca knew a mode to
completely hibernate while being in a particular application. But that's
something for the Orca list.

Thanks
Sebastian