Re: Debian Installer Bullseye RC 1 release

Christian Schoepplein, le sam. 08 mai 2021 15:03:54 +0200, a ecrit:
> Hi Samuel,

> >> I’ve installed two Bullseye systems with the rc1 installer. today While the installation with braille support worked perfectly, after the installation the sound volume was that low, aht no speech output was possible.
> >>
> >> Is this a known issue?
> >
> >No, on the contrary, the fix mentioned above is supposed to fix that
> >kind of issue...
> >
> >Just to make sure:
> >- Do you end up with the alsa-utils package installed?
>
> Yes, the package is there after the installation
>
> >- Do you end up with a /var/lib/alsa/asound.state file on the installed
> >  system?
> >- Please post the content of that file
>
> The file ist also there. It looks like this:
>

> 	control.2 {
> 		iface MIXER
> 		name 'Master Playback Volume'
> 		value.0 63
> 		value.1 63
> 		comment {
> 			range '0 - 63'
> 		}

So that's the maximum

> 	control.17 {
> 		iface MIXER
> 		name 'PCM Playback Volume'
> 		value.0 51
> 		value.1 51
> 		comment {
> 			range '0 - 63'

So that's not the maximum, but that's already very large.

Is the timestamp (see "stat /var/lib/alsa/asound.state") still dated the
time of your installation, and not of your fixing the sound levels?

I tried to reproduce the issue with vmware but didn't get the bug at
all, at reboot I had completely onrmal levels. Which version of vmware
are you using? Which VM profile did you tell vmware?