Debian linux howto start in textmode

Hi around the world

My name is Claudio, and I just started with dibian linux. I’m blind. A sighted person installed debian Linux for me. When linux starts and I reach the login screen, I’m in graphic mode with Orca loaded. How can I change this. I would like to have Linux start into my login screen in text mode with Brltty and some speech output. For exaple Emacs speek or whatever you advice me. Realize I’m very, very new to this new world, so I don’t want to bother this list. You can also just send me to a well comprehensif faq. I found setup instructions for Emacs speak, but nothing comprehensif enoug for changing the to text mode by default.

Thanks a lot for clear and simple advices.

New enthusiast Linux user

Claudio