Re: Debian linux howto start in textmode

Hi,

To disable graphical starting, remove or disable gdm3 as shown by other.

So brltty will oun and you'll have in braille a text login prompt. To
have speech at this time, do:
# apt-get install espeakup

In /etc/modules, add:
speakup_soft

Then you'll have the most part of the boot spoken. You can then disable
speakup and load emacspeak or speech-el.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL