Re: Debian linux howto start in textmode

You need to reinstall debian if that sighted person left you the debian
disk.  When you do, listen for the cd to stop spinning and then type
speakup swspeak and hit enter.  You'll have speech come up talking you
through the installation especially if that's a wheezy debian disk.  Can
be done with squeeze too.

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, Claudio Sacco wrote:

> Hi around the world
>
> My name is Claudio, and I just started with dibian linux. I'm blind. A
> sighted person installed debian Linux for me. When linux starts and I reach
> the login screen, I'm in graphic mode with Orca loaded. How can I change
> this. I would like to have Linux start into my login screen in text mode
> with Brltty and some speech output. For exaple Emacs speek or whatever you
> advice me. Realize I'm very, very new to this new world, so I don't want to
> bother this list. You can also just send me to a well comprehensif faq. I
> found setup instructions for Emacs speak, but nothing comprehensif enoug for
> changing the to text mode by default.
>
> Thanks a lot for clear and simple advices.
>
> New enthusiast Linux user
>
> Claudio

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>
When I'm asked if I believe in
Numerology I ask do you believe in a
hammer?  Both are tools and to be used in proper circumstances