Re: Etch with braille support?

Simon Bienlein, le Thu 11 May 2006 14:58:39 +0200, a écrit :
> > There is no need for a special kernel for brltty. Passing
> > brltty=parameters is needed for serial devices, but for usb devices
> > you will just need to boot with the cdrom :)
>
> I thought for the use of BRLTTY the framebuffer hasn't to be active.
> linux26 debian-installer/framebuffer=false
> Or is this only the case for the Sarge-Installer?

That was only for the sarge installer. Etch installer should be able to
automatically disable framebuffer when a braille display is detected
thanks to usb or because you added a "brltty=" parameter at the syslinux
prompt

> What do you have to do to install BRLTTY and that it gets started if you
> restart the computer?

Wait a few weeks: brltty 3.7.2-3 hasn't entered testing yet, but when it
will be, this should be solved too.

> Would it be possible to adapt an official CD for the instalation of
> Sarge?

Mmm, isn't such modified CD already available on some non-official
places?