Re: Etch with braille support?

Simon Bienlein, le Wed 10 May 2006 19:19:00 +0200, a écrit :
> Etch was installed but not sarge. Is this intentional?

Mmm, my image is probably wrong then.  Whether the current
debian-installer can install Sarge is more a
debian-boot@lists.debian.org question, actually.

> In my opinion it would be genial if the braille support could be
> admitted into the official CD's.
> Is the support of braille displays assigned in the official release? If
> not, which reasons are against it?

This is pending.  We're just waiting for mips buildd admins to at last
sign the 3.7.3-3 package and upload it, so that it can hit testing.

> The kernel could be called 'blind' for example.

There is no need for a special kernel for brltty. Passing
brltty=parameters is needed for serial devices, but for usb devices you
will just need to boot with the cdrom :)

But I wonder whether for speech we couldn't ask them to have the speakup
kernel on the CD too.