Re: Testing DebianEdu

Hi Dashamir,

On  Di 25 Okt 2022 10:14:06 CEST, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 9:16 AM Mike Gabriel <
mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:

Locking yourself out by personal attitude is not helpful here. Please
reconsider your position.

Saying it once more, 90% of developer coordination is done on
#debian-edu IRC (OFTC).

You promised to help me with solving a couple of issues. Are you using the
IRC issue as an excuse to decline?

No, why do you assume that? We still need to schedule a meeting for an online session. What's your timezone? (mine is CE(S)T, UTC+2/UTC+1 starting from end of Oct).

I am fine in the 10% that don't use IRC. I don't want to start a religious
war about IRC. At least not here, not now.

Wars should never be started. Simply note that you won't have full access to all information and interactions in Debian Edu if you refuse joining IRC.

Indeed. I am currently working on getting GOsa fixed with PHP 8.x.
Keep your thumbs pressed.

Good to know. This is indeed the best solution. Good luck.

Thanks!

You can try to containerize GOsa², but this will not be a solution for
the Debian Edu 12 release.

I have no need or intention for doing that, I was just discussing it as a
possible solution for DebianEdu.

As said, it could be a solution for some on-premise installation. But it is not a solution for the GNU/Linux distribution variant Debian Edu/Skolelinux (as it will conflict with Debian policy).

Thanks for your feedback on the other issues as well.

Let me know about your availability, I can be available during CET working hours (9am-17pm) the coming week (except Monday).

Greets,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31