Re: Testing DebianEdu

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 7:35 AM Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
We still need to schedule a meeting for an
online session. What's your timezone? (mine is CE(S)T, UTC+2/UTC+1
starting from end of Oct).

My timezone is the same as yours.

> You can try to containerize GOsa², but this will not be a solution for
>> the Debian Edu 12 release.
>>

> I have no need or intention for doing that, I was just discussing it as a
> possible solution for DebianEdu.

As said, it could be a solution for some on-premise installation. But
it is not a solution for the GNU/Linux distribution variant Debian
Edu/Skolelinux (as it will conflict with Debian policy).

I may try to containerize GOsa, when I find time, but since it seems to be unmaintained, it might be better to give a try to AlekSIS or Puavo Web (https://puavo.org/, https://github.com/puavo-org/puavo-web). I am not sure however how these three compare with each-other in terms of functionality. I'd prefer the one with the best functionality, despite any other problems that it may have.
Are there any other solutions that I am not aware of?

Let me know about your availability, I can be available during CET
working hours (9am-17pm) the coming week (except Monday).

My availability is almost the same as yours, so just let me know about the time and place of the meeting.

Thanks,
Dashamir