Re: Kernel 5.15 Amiga PCMCIA apne driver not working

On Sun, 6 Feb 2022, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> even 7 MB uncompressed seems a little big to me (if using modules for
> anything not essential to boot).

Maybe CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO needs to be disabled:
$ ./scripts/config -d CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO

An alternative approach would be,
$ make ARCH=m68k amiga_defconfig

> If you can send me your .config (or a link to download the kernel image
> package), I'll compare with what I've used for v5.15.
>
> The tricky part might be generating the initrd image in the cross build
> setup - the script does not have an option to search for kernel image
> and modules outside the cross build hosts' root fs AFAICS. You may have
> to hack mkinitramfs or manually extract an existing initrd (cpio
> archiive format) and repack after replacing the modules directory.

If you're building your own, you can arrange to have the critical drivers
built-in i.e. just what's necessary to mount the rootfs. After that
modules can be loaded automatically.