The tricky part might be generating the initrd image in the cross build setup - the script does not have an option to search for kernel image and modules outside the cross build hosts' root fs AFAICS. You may have to hack mkinitramfs or manually extract an existing initrd (cpio archiive format) and repack after replacing the modules directory.

Cheers,

	Michael

Am 06.02.2022 um 12:31 schrieb Carlos Milán Figueredo:
Hi,

From: Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi> Sent: sábado, 5 de febrero
de 2022 0:20
This is how I build m68k kernels from upstream relases (for Atari
emulator) on my Debian PC:

Thanks for the clear steps, they worked nicely. I cloned the 5.15
branch instead of 5.16 to match my Aranym install which I also used
to get a .config for the kernel source (/boot/config-5.15.0-2-m68k).

However, after compiling I get a 114 MB vmlinux (or 63 MB if gziped),
that is way too big for the Amiga. The kernel images I use in Aranym
are just about 7 MB uncompressed. In kernel configuration,
CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE is already enabled. Am I missing
something?

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator |
http://www.hispamsx.org | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org |
https://calnus.com