Re: Kernel 5.15 Amiga PCMCIA apne driver not working

Hi,

On 5.2.2022 0.08, Carlos Milán Figueredo wrote:
I wanted to make a quick update on this.

From: Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@gmail.com>
Sent: domingo, 9 de enero de 2022 0:43

Try
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ sid main

While this worked nicely, I were not able to build a custom kernel with the patch following the steps at [1], "4.2.2. Simple patching and building". As I didn't have enough time for further research, I had to halt at this step.

If there is any other way such as a cross-compiler toolchain that would allow me to patch the kernel and build it for m68k along with the d-i initrd, I will be more than glad to test it. I really appreciate the patch, Linux on Amiga (or on ANY platform) wouldn't be fun at all without networking.

Just build it directly?

This is how I build m68k kernels from upstream relases (for Atari emulator) on my Debian PC:

0. Install generic build tools:
   $ sudo apt install bc bison flex

1. Install compiler:
   $ sudo apt install gcc-m68k-linux-gnu

2. Get latest upstream kernel release sources (without history):
   $ git clone --depth 1 --branch v5.16 \
     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
   $ cd linux

3. Apply Linux issue workaround patches:
   $ git am /path/to/000*.patch

4. Use suitable configuration:
   $ cp /path/to/kernel.config .config

5. Compile configured kernel:
   $ ARCH=m68k CROSS_COMPILE=m68k-linux-gnu- make -j4 vmlinux

	- Eero