Re: Kernel 5.15 Amiga PCMCIA apne driver not working

Hi Carlos,

Am 30.12.2021 um 12:43 schrieb Carlos Milán Figueredo:
Hi Michael,

From: Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@gmail.com>
Sent: miércoles, 29 de diciembre de 2021 21:31
Looking for PCMCIA ethernet card: ethernet PCMCIA card inserted
(unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): PCMCIA NE**00 ethercard probe
not found

That's from apne_probe1 - the MAC address prefix does not match what is
expected (NE2000 or Ctron).

If you can tell me your cards' MAC addresses, I can add those prefixes
to the ones known to the driver, and send a patch for you to test. Might
need some more adjustments though (start and end address of ring
buffer).

Sure:
 - D-Link DE-660+: 00:50:BA:87:C9:27
 - FL-4680: 00:E0:98:34:07:DA

Thanks, I'll check the prefix size and send a patch by PM.

You said the cards are supported by BSD? There might be information
about the ring buffer in the source there.

Yes, I have both of them working nicely on a NetBSD/amiga 9.2 install. The kernel messages at bootup are:

==== D-Link DE-660+
pccard0 at mainbus0
pcmcia0 at pccard0
ne0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <D-Link, DE-660+, A, 0004743118001>
ne0: Ethernet address 00:50:ba:87:c9:27

==== FL-4680
pccard0 at mainbus0
pcmcia0 at pccard0
ne0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <Ethernet, Adapter, 2.0>
ne0: Ethernet address 00:e0:98:34:07:dA

Doesn't print the ring buffer addresses - might need a patch to the BSD source to do that (I haven't looked at BSD source in over 20 years). Or maybe some equivalent of ethtool reports the addresses, or they show up in ifconfig output?

But what I meant is to check whether the ne driver source hard-codes the ring buffer addresses for these cards?

Is there support in BSD to parse the PCMCIA CIS tuple data? The ring buffer address might be in the CIS data ...

There's a patch of mine floating around that uses CIS data to figure out 8 or 16 bit IO width (submitted to linux-m68k and netdev a while ago). With that one applied, dumping the CIS data and hand-parsing the result might be one way to obtain the necessary data.

Let's see how far you get with a simple patch to add the new MAC prefixes. DaveM is going to hate me for this ...

Cheers,

	Michael

Regards,
Carlos