RE: Kernel 5.15 Amiga PCMCIA apne driver not working

Hi Michael,

From: Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@gmail.com>
Sent: miércoles, 29 de diciembre de 2021 21:31
> > Looking for PCMCIA ethernet card: ethernet PCMCIA card inserted
> > (unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): PCMCIA NE**00 ethercard probe
> > not found
>
> That's from apne_probe1 - the MAC address prefix does not match what is
> expected (NE2000 or Ctron).
>
> If you can tell me your cards' MAC addresses, I can add those prefixes
> to the ones known to the driver, and send a patch for you to test. Might
> need some more adjustments though (start and end address of ring
> buffer).

Sure:
 - D-Link DE-660+: 00:50:BA:87:C9:27
 - FL-4680: 00:E0:98:34:07:DA

> You said the cards are supported by BSD? There might be information
> about the ring buffer in the source there.

Yes, I have both of them working nicely on a NetBSD/amiga 9.2 install. The kernel messages at bootup are:

==== D-Link DE-660+
pccard0 at mainbus0
pcmcia0 at pccard0
ne0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <D-Link, DE-660+, A, 0004743118001>
ne0: Ethernet address 00:50:ba:87:c9:27

==== FL-4680
pccard0 at mainbus0
pcmcia0 at pccard0
ne0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <Ethernet, Adapter, 2.0>
ne0: Ethernet address 00:e0:98:34:07:dA

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator | http://www.hispamsx.org | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org | https://calnus.com