RE: Kernel 5.15 Amiga PCMCIA apne driver not working

Hi Michael,

From: Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@gmail.com>
Sent: lunes, 13 de diciembre de 2021 7:52
> Without seeing the kernel log messages from the module load attempt,
> it's impossible to tell what went wrong.
> Look for a line containing "Looking for PCMCIA ethernet card : " in the
> kernel log messages.

I think I can access to the kernel log file messages and send it from d-i Busybox via TFTP, so I will give a try.

> The DE660+ is listed as 'should be supported' on the Amiga PCMCIA
> ethernet page you gave. The FL-4680 is listed as working in 2.4 so I
> wonder if something in the multiplatform ISA support breaks these cards.

Indeed. Both of them are working nicely on current NetBSD release; I don't know if there some sharing in the codebase of the Amiga PCMCIA driver of Linux and NetBSD.

> Try building your installer kernel without support for Atari and Q40.

All of them are embedded in the nic-modules udeb, so I don't know how to build an initrd image that has Amiga NICs support without the Atari and Q40 ones. It shouldn't matter as d-i gives me the chance to manually select apne, so I can discard that is just an automatic detection issue.

I will post back hopefully with the kernel message.

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator |   http://www.hispamsx.org | |  telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org |   https://calnus.com