Kernel 5.15 Amiga PCMCIA apne driver not working

Hi again everyone,

While I figure out how to build a snapshot NETINST ISO, I decided to give a try to the "nativehd" initrd. This is a interesting one, as it brings up network on the very first stage of the d-i and download installer components from the network. I wonder why is called "nativehd" and not "netinstall" or something like that.

Anyway, on this initrd, the image is also broken because is missing the Amiga (and Atari) network drivers [1], provided by "nic-modules-${kernel:Version}", so I added that line to the cfg file and built a new initrd. After booting the image on the real hardware, d-i goes directly to network setup, but is not able to detect my NE2000 PCMCIA cards [2]. If I manually select "apne" the kernel says it has not found any PCMCIA card.

I have tested it with the following cards:

D-Link DE660+ 10 MBit
Fiberline FL-4680 10 MBit

Both of them working fine on AmigaOS cnet.device and NetBSD/amiga 9.2; reported as compatible on [3]. I don't think the driver is broken in current kernels as I am experiencing the very same on Debian Sarge install with kernel 2.4. Maybe something is wrong with my setup? Any ideas?

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/blob/master/build/pkg-lists/nativehd/m68k.cfg
[2] https://i.postimg.cc/PrDbCThX/IMG-20211208-051843.jpg
[3] http://www.g-mb.de/pcmcia_e.html

Carlos Milán Figueredo