Re: Seeking for porterbox

On Tue, Aug 02, 2016 at 12:54:09AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 08/02/2016 12:33 AM, Kolbjørn Barmen wrote:
> > Well, that is funny, I am literally typing this email on a MIST, heh...
> >
> > https://kolla.egnyte.com/dl/DTC7bWWg4R - got an RPi Zero built in, serial
> > connection between them, the MIST acting as console host for the zero :)
> > (and the RPi zero acting as login host, clock sync, zmodem transfers,
> > and occationally PPP gateway, for the MIST)
>
> That's pretty cool, but as long as these machines have no chances of
> running Linux, I'm not willing to spend 200 Euro per unit.

But it can run as VCS2600, C64, TOS and AmigaOS and whatnot. And with a
wireless keyboard with touchpad, its actually nice to use, no more worries
about keys falling off the keyboard or the mouse button breaking. Maybe I
dig out my GoldED key so I can finally use the best editor again.

But why did you build in a Pi0, to get it online? I do not see a serial port
on my MiST, does it have an internal connection? Ah. And the Pi0 has wlan or
ethernet? An Amiga with wlan would be cool. Or a VCS2600 ;-)

Christian