Re: Seeking for porterbox

On 08/02/2016 12:33 AM, Kolbjørn Barmen wrote:
> Well, that is funny, I am literally typing this email on a MIST, heh...
>
> https://kolla.egnyte.com/dl/DTC7bWWg4R - got an RPi Zero built in, serial
> connection between them, the MIST acting as console host for the zero :)
> (and the RPi zero acting as login host, clock sync, zmodem transfers,
> and occationally PPP gateway, for the MIST)

That's pretty cool, but as long as these machines have no chances of
running Linux, I'm not willing to spend 200 Euro per unit.

> I hope you are right, and that there will be FPGAs fast and cheap enough,
> and m68k cores that are compatible enough to run Linux/m68k.

Yeah, *crosses fingers*.

> I presume you are aware of the the Apollo core (aka 68080)? It is quite
> fast already, but it is not clear (AFAIK) whether there will be an MMU,
> and if so, how compatible with existing m68k MMUs it will be. And ditto
> for FPU.

68080? Are you sure about that number?

> Anyways - some time I hope to be able to easily deploy m68k systems in the
> cloud, through some minimalist qemu setup.

Well, as you may know qemu-m68k still needs work [1], so if you want to help,
please look into improving it before it gets merged into qemu main.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz