Re: Fwd: Re: Debian on mac68k

Am 30.05.2016 um 12:50 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
> On 05/30/2016 12:36 PM, Stefan Niestegge wrote:
>> No, i wasn't. Thats beyond my abilities. I just wanted to install Debian
>> to my friend's old Mac.
>
> Well, you are installing on 20+-year-old hardware. I don't think it's fair
> to assume that everything works out-of-the-box and is straight-forward
> to set up. We are all know this port needs work.

Yes, you are right.

>> But how much sense makes a system that you can only use remotely?
>> I guess for you people that run buildds it has all you need. I'd prefer
>> a system i can use locally, on its own.
>
> Well, yes, ADB support is currently broken as you have heard. So, either
> you look into fixing it yourself or you install a much older version
> of Debian. I don't think you can anyone else to jump in right now and
> fix the driver for you.

I can't fix such stuff myself, nor do i expect that someone interrupts
his work to fix the ADB now.

>> Perhaps there is an older kernel that can use your chroot, but still has
>> (unstable?) ADB keyboard support?
>
> I don't know when ADB support broke. I have an m68k Mac myself, but I
> normally run Linux on Amigas or virtual Ataris. On my Centris 650, ADB
> support is working fine with the 3.16 stock kernel in any case.

Now this is probably the thing to try out. Do you boot it with Penguin,
too? What is your kernel commandline? I tried the generic m68k kernel
from your debian space but it didn't boot, it hangs after un-gzipping
but before screen turns black. System 7 Desktop freezes.