Re: Fwd: Re: Debian on mac68k

On 05/30/2016 12:36 PM, Stefan Niestegge wrote:
> No, i wasn't. Thats beyond my abilities. I just wanted to install Debian
> to my friend's old Mac.

Well, you are installing on 20+-year-old hardware. I don't think it's fair
to assume that everything works out-of-the-box and is straight-forward
to set up. We are all know this port needs work.

> But how much sense makes a system that you can only use remotely?
> I guess for you people that run buildds it has all you need. I'd prefer
> a system i can use locally, on its own.

Well, yes, ADB support is currently broken as you have heard. So, either
you look into fixing it yourself or you install a much older version
of Debian. I don't think you can anyone else to jump in right now and
fix the driver for you.

> Perhaps there is an older kernel that can use your chroot, but still has
> (unstable?) ADB keyboard support?

I don't know when ADB support broke. I have an m68k Mac myself, but I
normally run Linux on Amigas or virtual Ataris. On my Centris 650, ADB
support is working fine with the 3.16 stock kernel in any case.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz