Re: meeting planning

Christian T. Steigies dixit:

From http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user.events-eu/6171

| Wie kommt ihr dahin?
| • Selbst irgendwie: navigiert⁴ nach N 50° 43.310 E 7° 03.719
|   (das ist in etwa der Eingang, nicht zu übersehen⁵) oder:
|     tarent solutions GmbH
|     Rochusstraße 2-4
|     D-53123 Bonn
|     [5]http://www.tarent.de/
|   ⇒ alle mit tarent oder tarent-Gäste beschrifteten
|     Parkplätze können am Wochenende benutzt werden:
|     [6]http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.72236&mlon=7.06147
|     sowie hinterm Haus
|     [7]http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.72190&mlon=7.06066
| • Bus und Bahn:
|   ⇒ von Bonn Hbf
|     ‣ Buslinien 606, 607, 608, 609 bis Euskirchener Straße
|       [8]http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.72221&mlon=7.06249
|     ‣ Buslinien 800, 843, 845 bis Rochusstraße/Bundesministerien
|       [9]http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.72009&mlon=7.05861
|   ⇒ von Bonn-Duisdorf (Bahnhof):
|     ‣ Buslinien 606, 607 bis Euskirchener Straße
|       [10]http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.72210&mlon=7.06280
|     ‣ Buslinien 800, 845 bis Rochusstraße/Bundesministerien
|       [11]http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.72003&mlon=7.05897

>I can bring a USB floppy drive.

Meh, I don’t like them. Bad experience with formatting.
But the drive we put into the server works.

>The Amiga and the Falcon both have regular Ethernet, no BNC needed.

OK.

>If I arrive already on friday, it will probably be late, don't expect me
>before 9pm.

Sure, no problem.

>> I can probably help to get the HDD partitioned and made bootable;
>> I???ve done similar things for ARAnyM already, and NetBSD on Frosch???s
>> TT on ORR some years ago.
>
>Can you do this on real hardware as well?

My usual way to do this is to do it on ARAnyM, bswap the image,
then dd it onto the HDD or CF card on the PC. If you have a
booting Linux install, I might be able to do it directly on
the system.

>I'll just pack what I find useful and is not too heavy. If we can get
>everything done with floppies, that would be fine with me.  I found it hard
>to transfer kernel images on floppies.  USB sticks do not really work on my
>m68k hardware.

Yeah I know…

-rw-r--r-- 1 tglase tglase 4989172 Jan  3 00:34 stuff/aranym/vm1/initrd.img-3.16.0-4-m68k
-rw-r--r-- 1 tglase tglase 1705651 Dez 11 18:17 stuff/aranym/vm1/vmlinuz-3.16.0-4-m68k

>VGA input will be sufficient. kullervo and the falcon both work on my old
>Samsung TFT as well as on my somewhat newer Samsung monitor/TV.

OK.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
18:47⎜<mirabilos:#!/bin/mksh> well channels… you see, I see everything in the
same window anyway      18:48⎜<xpt:#!/bin/mksh> i know, you have some kind of