Re: Follow-up on the m68k meeting

Bcc: Michael, Helmut, ragnar, Atari-Frosch (if you also want to come)

John Paul A̲d̲r̲i̲a̲n̲ Glaubitz dixit:

>Just as a quick follow-up on our planned m68k meeting. Thorsten
>said that he'd rather have the meeting sometime in January,

OK, here’s what I have managed so far:

I’ve got an OK from the bosses to host that at tarent, for an
entire weekend. (TODO for me: once we have a date, tell that
to the office so they know.) Sleeping there is not possible,
as it’s a commercially used building, none usable for housing,
so we have a few options for that:

• hotels, hostels, etc. (think Basecamp)
• couch-surfing
• just hack through the night

I don’t particularily care (#1 does not affect me, #2 I just
sleep at home (although I may or may not have couch space),
#3 could do, haven’t do that in a long time though and I get
older, so… maybe I’ll ask someone else from tarent to do a
“night shift”).

Now, about the timing. I think we should do this either
Sat/Sun, or maybe start on Friday evening (I know several
decent food places ☺ although, depending on the weather,
we could also barbecue… naah, not in January). We have:

• 03./04.
• 10./11.
• 17./18.
• 24./25.
• 31./01.02.

I’ve posted a “Will Attend” at a Geocaching event on the
evening of 03.01. so that would probably not work well,
but I can retract that if none of the other weekends are
okay to most.

Would everyone please share when they can attend? Ooookay…
now I’m going over major internal pain and do the web 2.0
thingy… http://doodle.com/nicmxkmn2y5vct3k – if that does
not work for you, you can also reply per eMail instead.
Please cast the votes in a timely fashion (or reply that
you need some time to figure that out), so I can do further
arrangements, everyone can book their tickets, we can talk
sleeping, etc.

As for the topics: I’d like this to be a Debian/m68k focused
meeting, but not exclude hacking on other Debian-Ports related
things. I do not want to exclude regular Debian or OSS stuff
either, but this is not a BSP for jessie or something.

Entry to the building is the GPX file attached, or on the map:
http://fish.mirbsd.org/mirkarte/#zoom=15&m=50.72186761152098,7.06196129322052
Please (as usual) behave, do not snoop around, etc. ;-)
All in all: same procedure as last time, just an entire weekend:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user.events-eu/6171

Please bring hardware, too :D hrm, maybe we can get d-i going…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“The final straw, to be honest, was probably my amazement at the volume of
petty, peevish whingeing certain of your peers are prone to dish out on

<gpx xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; version="1.0" creator="MirKarte by mirabilos - https://evolvis.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=useful-scripts/mirkarte.git"; xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0/gpx.xsd http://www.groundspeak.com/cache/1/0/1 http://www.groundspeak.com/cache/1/0/1/cache.xsd"; xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0";>

  <name>Waypoint Listing Generated by MirKarte</name>

  <desc>This is an individual waypoint generated for an arbitrary waypoint by MirKarte</desc>

  <author>mirabilos</author>

  <email>miros-discuss@mirbsd.org</email>

  <url>https://evolvis.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=useful-scripts/mirkarte.git</url>

  <urlname>MirKarte (beta)</urlname>

  <time>2014-11-26T10:23:36Z</time>

  <keywords>cache, geocache, dashpoint, geovexilla, xkcd, geohashing, waypoint, shutterspot, terracaching, opencaching</keywords>

  <bounds minlat="50.72186761152098" minlon="7.06196129322052" maxlat="50.72186761152098" maxlon="7.06196129322052" />

  <wpt lat="50.72186761152098" lon="7.06196129322052">

    <time>2014-11-26T10:23:36Z</time>

    <name>6FAFDFB8</name>

    <desc>Debian/m68k meeting</desc>

    <url>http://fish.mirbsd.org/mirkarte/#zoom=15&amp;m=50.72186761152098,7.06196129322052</url>

    <urlname>Debian/m68k meeting</urlname>

    <sym>Geocache</sym>

    <type>Geocache|Virtual Cache</type>

    <groundspeak:cache id="notfromgs_6FAFDFB8" available="False" archived="False" xmlns:groundspeak="http://www.groundspeak.com/cache/1/0/1";>

      <groundspeak:name>m68kMeeting</groundspeak:name>

      <groundspeak:placed_by>mirabilos</groundspeak:placed_by>

      <groundspeak:owner id="notfromgspr">mirabilos</groundspeak:owner>

      <groundspeak:type>Virtual Cache</groundspeak:type>

      <groundspeak:container>Virtual</groundspeak:container>

      <groundspeak:attributes>

        <groundspeak:attribute id="67" inc="1">GeoTour</groundspeak:attribute>

      </groundspeak:attributes>

      <groundspeak:difficulty>2</groundspeak:difficulty>

      <groundspeak:terrain>2</groundspeak:terrain>

      <groundspeak:country>Terra</groundspeak:country>

      <groundspeak:state>unknown</groundspeak:state>

      <groundspeak:short_description html="True">Arbitrary waypoint m68kMeeting</groundspeak:short_description>

      <groundspeak:long_description html="True">Entry to the Debian/m68k meeting at tarent solutions GmbH</groundspeak:long_description>

      <groundspeak:encoded_hints></groundspeak:encoded_hints>

      <groundspeak:logs>

      </groundspeak:logs>

      <groundspeak:travelbugs />

    </groundspeak:cache>