Re: meeting planning

tl;dr: infos re. Friday and network below. Should I bring BNC equipment?

Christian T. Steigies dixit:

>Clue me in on the details: where exactly is the meeting and what is the
>agenda?

OK. Old news: https://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2014/11/msg00008.html
This includes a GPX file so your navigation/geocaching device can show
you the way ;) More traditionally:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user.events-eu/6171

Hm. The GPX file appears trashed, I’ll attach it again.

Old agenda: hack on Saturday and Sunday.

New agenda for Friday:

• we will have the “educational network” from Teckids e.V. which
  uses the internet access from tarent but provides a much more
  cool network:

  – one network (WLAN and Ethernet) can be used to plug in most
    devices, and will have mostly unfiltered internet access. I
    will have to be responsible for the activities, so I need to
    be able to trust everyone to behave

  – one network (Ethernet) with a netboot configuration for i386
    devices, booting into a terminal server environment (the
    “Lunatics Schulungsnetzwerk” Teckids uses at its events), in
    which people can log in as “*guest” to a Debian jessie system
    (unfortunately with systemd)

    ‣ you can bring your own devices for this, but you MUST NOT
      plug them into this network if you don’t netboot the image,
      due to NFS / security issues. Again, I will need to trust
      everyone on this

    ‣ we can organise a couple of (Lenovo ☹) Thinkpads from tarent
      for people to use

  – the router/terminal server should (we’re working on it today)
    have a floppy drive; I am not allowed to hand out access to it
    though, so fdformat/dd will need to go through me, Nik or gecko2

• Cabling is Ethernet (100baseTX). I’ve got two hubs at home that
  can connect between 10baseT and 10base2 (BNC, Cheapernet) and
  also have an AUI (which I never used). I may be able to find some
  T pieces and terminators (only one is needed, the hubs can also
  terminate one end), if this is necessary. They are heavy and large,
  so please indicate this beforehand.

• My plans for Friday are: set up the network and seating area, get
  those who are there already settled (including a cup of my wonderful
  “Mirffee” (coffee, mostly milk/cocoa though)), and head out for food
  later if desired.

• My plans to do until Friday are additionally: update the ARAnyM base
  image (without systemd, har har!) and the four VMs I’ve got on my
  workstation, so we can do things much more quickly on the weekend,
  should the need arise

>If there are Atari experts around, I would also bring my Falcon/CT60. It
>currently boots from a CF card (testing Michaels kernels), but I would like
>to get it running from its harddisk again (repartitioning destroyed the
>working installation).

Beetle should be an Atari expert. I think ragnar76 and Atari-Frosch
can’t come, but maybe if someone offered bringing them (e.g. everyone
coming from the North should drive by their place already anyway),
they might.

I can probably help to get the HDD partitioned and made bootable;
I’ve done similar things for ARAnyM already, and NetBSD on Frosch’s
TT on ORR some years ago.

>I do not want to bring a monitor, I hope there will be some simple VGA monitor
>available? I may bring a CD-R and MOD, but I do not want to pack the whole
>museum... anything else that I should bring along?

Hm. CD equipment is rare, I’m personally using floppies more often,
and otherwise just USB sticks or the network. So don’t expect us to
have anything related.

Working floppy discs may be usable; no idea if we really need them.
I can bring a few, with unknown “working” state.

We’ve got lots of TFTs, but no “simple VGA monitor”s. They all have
VGA and usually DVI, rarely HDMI, ports. I’ve got no idea if they
can do sync-on-green… which reminds me, if anyone has a 13W3 to VGA
adapter they don’t need anymore… a coworker dumped a(nother) Sun
SPARCstation 20 on my couch table at work, but the monitor I have
at home broke, and I don’t want to move my serial terminal… but I
could easily hook up one of the TFTs.

My mobile phone number MIGHT still be in the Debian LDAP. Otherwise,
contact me per private eMail to get it, in case you need it.

bye,
//mirabilos, goes back search for the floppy drive to put into server
--
(gnutls can also be used, but if you are compiling lynx for your own use,
there is no reason to consider using that package)

<gpx xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; version="1.0" creator="MirKarte by mirabilos - https://evolvis.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=useful-scripts/mirkarte.git"; xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0/gpx.xsd http://www.groundspeak.com/cache/1/0/1 http://www.groundspeak.com/cache/1/0/1/cache.xsd"; xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0";>

  <name>Waypoint Listing Generated by MirKarte</name>

  <desc>This is an individual waypoint generated for an arbitrary waypoint by MirKarte</desc>

  <author>mirabilos</author>

  <email>miros-discuss@mirbsd.org</email>

  <url>https://evolvis.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=useful-scripts/mirkarte.git</url>

  <urlname>MirKarte (beta)</urlname>

  <time>2014-11-26T10:23:36Z</time>

  <keywords>cache, geocache, dashpoint, geovexilla, xkcd, geohashing, waypoint, shutterspot, terracaching, opencaching</keywords>

  <bounds minlat="50.72186761152098" minlon="7.06196129322052" maxlat="50.72186761152098" maxlon="7.06196129322052" />

  <wpt lat="50.72186761152098" lon="7.06196129322052">

    <time>2014-11-26T10:23:36Z</time>

    <name>6FAFDFB8</name>

    <desc>Debian/m68k meeting</desc>

    <url>http://fish.mirbsd.org/mirkarte/#zoom=15&amp;m=50.72186761152098,7.06196129322052</url>

    <urlname>Debian/m68k meeting</urlname>

    <sym>Geocache</sym>

    <type>Geocache|Virtual Cache</type>

    <groundspeak:cache id="notfromgs_6FAFDFB8" available="False" archived="False" xmlns:groundspeak="http://www.groundspeak.com/cache/1/0/1";>

      <groundspeak:name>m68kMeeting</groundspeak:name>

      <groundspeak:placed_by>mirabilos</groundspeak:placed_by>

      <groundspeak:owner id="notfromgspr">mirabilos</groundspeak:owner>

      <groundspeak:type>Virtual Cache</groundspeak:type>

      <groundspeak:container>Virtual</groundspeak:container>

      <groundspeak:attributes>

        <groundspeak:attribute id="67" inc="1">GeoTour</groundspeak:attribute>

      </groundspeak:attributes>

      <groundspeak:difficulty>2</groundspeak:difficulty>

      <groundspeak:terrain>2</groundspeak:terrain>

      <groundspeak:country>Terra</groundspeak:country>

      <groundspeak:state>unknown</groundspeak:state>

      <groundspeak:short_description html="True">Arbitrary waypoint m68kMeeting</groundspeak:short_description>

      <groundspeak:long_description html="True">Entry to the Debian/m68k meeting at tarent solutions GmbH</groundspeak:long_description>

      <groundspeak:encoded_hints></groundspeak:encoded_hints>

      <groundspeak:logs>

      </groundspeak:logs>

      <groundspeak:travelbugs />

    </groundspeak:cache>